Thursday, February 14, 2008

Our Secret

This is but one of the four poems I wrote for the Valentine's Day poem competition. Sadly, none of them won.

I hate having to spend Valentine's Day alone.
I hate not being able to feel him close.
So many questions I have to pose.
But he's not here the answers to disclose.
(No, that wasn't it, duh, I just thought that up and it rhymed so..)

Our Secret

They say seeing is believing
I wonder if that’s true
For it has been months since I last saw you
And all the time we’ve been apart
You’ve been unable to prove
That you love me more than I love you

At first the distance did not matter
But now I fear it does
‘Cause the world is closing in and seeing you is now a must
I used to think Valentine’s was “lame”
I did not care for all the fuss
But spending it alone makes me miss you much

And whenever I see a couple
Kissing in the rain
I wish you were here with me so I could kiss you again
I’m miles from where you are
And yet you feel so close
I just wish you could be here to hold my hand when our secret is exposed

No comments: