Saturday, December 22, 2007

Cadre: The Assassination

I'm bored. I've been working on my novel: Cadre: The Assassination. I'm nowhere near finished but I'm rather pleased with it so far. I haven't really planned the whole story out in detail.. okay, so I haven't planned it out at all but I've got a mental idea of how I want things to be. And I think it's more, how should I put this, "fun" this way. I mean, you never know how things are going to turn out even though you're the author. So, in a way, I'm making it up as I go along.

Cadre: The Assassination is a story of love, unrequited love and passionate love, murder (duh), betrayal, trust and confusion. The main character in the novel is Komal ^^. She's, well, she's me. Just a bit different. (Come on, it's a story! I'm allowed to play around with things!)

So, anyway, Komal gets a call in the middle of the night. She does not know who it is. The caller tells her to cooperate and get in a black car waiting outside. She refuses, of course. He's a stranger, after all. She runs to the master-bedroom to find her parents in a deep slumber (cholorform). She still refuses to go along so the caller decides to call for backup and she is carried off by The Man In The Black Suit (yes, I do love saying that!). She blacks out.

In the next chapter she wakes up in a strange room where everything is silver. She realises two other people are in the room with her; a man and a woman. She recognises the man as the caller. He says his name is Nick (no, this has nothing to do with the Nick I know for I wrote this before I even met him!) and the woman is Danielle. Nick goes on to tell her why she is here but, seeing as they're all tired, he tells her to get some rest. She cries herself to sleep.

The next time she wakes up, she is drenched in sweat. She can't stop thinking about the nightmare she had. She presses a black button on the side of the silver bed, like Nick told her to, and he enters. He begins to explain further of why she has been brought here and where 'here' is.
And that's as far as I've got. Chapter 3, page 6.
Oh, I forgot to mention the Prologue. It rocks. =) Just a bit of info the guy, Nick, searches for about Komal.

This is an extract from Chapter 1, page 3.

Seated in his cluttered desk, facing his high-tech monitor, he grinned; happy with himself. A woman shook her head from behind him.
“You didn’t have to do that,” she said.
He turned around, still grinning from ear to ear.
“She would have come to, you could have at least told her your name or who we were”
“It’s more fun this way,” he protested.
“It’s more dangerous this way,” she said and started walking towards the coffee maker where she stopped and turned to face him.
“Oh and one more thing,” she said. “Don’t mess her around”
He grinned again, of course he wouldn’t. She was to be one of them soon, anyway.

© Komal Josan 2007

No comments: