Monday, December 3, 2007

Talking In Whispers

Talking In Whispers - Komal Josan

He hears the shot but what happens next?
He mind is blocked, he can’t make any sense
What the hell’s wrong? Why can’t I move?
I remember that song, it alters my mood
The songs they sang are now not even whispered
It’s ‘cause they are banned, everyone’s talking in whispers

Nobody looks anyone in the eye
And not even I can defy
I’m scared of them and their brutal ways
I hang my head in despair and dismay
They’ve changed everything, it’s all their rules
They deem the Resistance pitiful fools
I think of my father and how I must save him
There is no other who was ever as brave

His memory goes blank, is this the end?
He tries to open his eyes but the message won’t send
His brain is not working, it won’t obey
All his commands just go to waste
He tries to move his arm but it won’t budge
Maybe this is the end, it was just too much

--------
Well, my pessimistic side had to kick in sometime, didn't it? This poem started out like the other "Not My Business"s but ended up as "Talking In Whispers". Don't ask me why.
I'm going to bed. 'Night!

No comments: